Friday, 25 March 2016

An Indian Adventure

The ever so awkward and embarrassing little ol' Bryony is heading on a big adventure to India! *begins elaborate Indian dance, copied from the Pussycat Dolls' 'Jai Ho', hell yeah i'm cultured*

This incredible adventure is a result of a successful application to intern with the fabulous Manish Arora in New Delhi. Manish Arora is the Master of colour, sequins and fun exciting couture silhouettes. He is a designer i have followed for a number of years and i am overwhelmed with pride and joy that i will be working alongside this incredible man. 

Today I learned of the finer details of the internship, hence the blogpost and sudden flurry of nerves in my stomach. 6 days a week, 9am-6pm, isn't going to be a picnic, but the joy that design and pattern cutting brings me will hopefully make this an incredibly valuable experience.

I will be flying over on the weekend of the 9th of April, and staying in New Delhi until the end of June. In the heat of summer, i will hopefully be able to make a start on my summer tan, though looking at those work hours... maybe not!

Too many people have been quick to tell me of how dangerous it is for me to travel alone to such a place. I am aware, as a Western, Blonde Female, i will draw attention. But no, that does not mean i will be raped or kidnapped. There are bad people all over the world, in every city in ever country, and those who have actually been to India have spoken highly of the friendly Indians and their incredible zest for life. I hope to learn alot from this amazing culture and the wonderful people that exist within it.

I intend to keep an up-to-date blog of this adventure, for both personal and academic reasons. I would love to inspire other young creatives to aim high and reach out to those who inspire them, because guess what? It might just pay off. It certainly seems to have paid off for me!

I would love to hear from any other individuals who are or have explored the depths of India, and any recommendations for my time in New Delhi. 
Namaste - see, getting into the culture already!

No comments:

Post a Comment